Thursday, June 30, 2005

Stupid dumbsh*t godd*mn motherf*cking MN GOVT

I'm just a little P.O'ed that our MN representatives have so utterly failed to represent MN this session. Being the nerd that I am, I am staying up late tonight to watch the TV coverage of the house session on Channel 17. As I listen to the various house reps from across that state, I have found myself swearing, cheering, booing, and who-whoo'ing the reps and their speeches. I feel like I am watching a bunch of selfish no-good kindergardeners fight over who-called-who-a-what. Moreover, I have been emailing reps with my opinions after each makes a speech to address the Members.
I am, however, very saddened and dissapointed that such a day has come. The core function of goverment is to represent the people, and represent them efficiently and fairly. This session has turned into an utter failure of goverment. Never in state history have we come to this point. Unfourtuatly, this evening will set a precedent and open the locked door of special sessions and state goverment shutdown to future sessions.
Nine times out of the past 11 years, MN has had to go into special session to resolve the differences of the representatives in running our state. Unfourtunatly, each year that our legislative year overflows into a special session we have allowed our legistlators and representatives too much leniancy and have esentially given them the permission to test our limits. What has all this come to? Does this prove that as a state, the people of MN have no limits?
While we cannot reverse the decisions that have been made this session, we can at least put in our damn best efforts to prevent such failure of government in the future. During this evening I have come to learn that it is not, in fact, the representatives of the people of MN but the PEOPLE themselves that have the power and the responsibility to prevent such utter failure in the future.
I passionatley plead you to excersise the muscle of your citizenship and show our state representatives what is truly important to the state of MN.

Hang in there. It can only get better from here on out....

No comments: