Monday, June 27, 2005

My Ode to the Internet

If you don't know a lot about the history of the internet, check out this article that CNN posted today on their website.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/06/23/evolution.main/index.html
When you stop to think about it, it really is quite amazing how much life has changed in the past 10 years because of the internet becoming wide-stream. Do you remember life without email, online news and weather, chat rooms, blogs, and E-bay? People have developed hobbies, friendships, relationships, even MARRIAGES, careers, education,new vocabulary, and so much more, all due to the internet in the past 10 years.
I remember my personal introduction to the internet: my parents bought a computer when I was in 8th grade. Shortly afterward, we connected to America Online. I discovered email, chat rooms, and online encyclopedias (great for those high school research papers!)
Before college I bought my own computer and discovered music downloads. I went off to college and developed my daily habit of reading news online, checking the weather, tracking my finances, and viewing my friend's websites. Soon I was shopping online and even created my own webpage. Today, I spend a large amount of my time online. I email for work and for personal use, and use an online-based database for my work, I search the internet for information, and I blog.
Happy surfing!

No comments: