Wednesday, June 22, 2005

AFI's top 100 movie quotes of all time

Last night the American Film Institute released it's list of the top 100 movie quotes of all time.
Curious what they are? Go to the AFI's website at www.afi.com, or to CNN's reprint of the list at http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/22/film.moviequotes.list.ap/index.html.
I'm curious what your favorite movie quotes are! Post a comment!
You didn't think you'd get away without reading a list of MY favorites, did you? :)
Here are some of them, as if it's not obvious enough already!

1. "No.......Yeeesss!" - Night at the Roxbury
2. "Friggin IDIOT!" - Napolean Dynamite
3. "Whats Up? ......2, 3, 4. Whats Up? ... 2, 3, 4." - Night at the Roxbury
4. "Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane." - The Shawshank Redemption
5. "I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend. " - The Shawshank Redemption
6. "Rock stars have kidnapped my son!" - Almost Famous
7. "Say 'ello to my little friend!" - Scarface
8. "You must be the Red Dragon!" - Made
9. "My name is...Gladiator!"
10. "
Dear Mr. Vernon: We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basket case, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club. "
11. "Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. " - Napoleon Dynamite


That's my list so far.
Toodelz~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great list! I thought the official list sucked...I mean James Bond was number 22! and some of the top 10 people hadn't even HEARD of. Your list is 10x better.

Kuenz said...

Thanks Shruti! I agree, I didnt think the AFI's list was super great, but of course I am very partial to mine. :) Thanks for commenting and reading!!!