Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Have an Opinion and I'm Not Afraid To Use It

Carrie Prejean, current Miss California, currently has the news networks and the interwebs ablaze with her anti-gay marriage statements and viewpoints. She's stirred up quite the controversy. While I wholly do not agree with her opinions, I do have to credit her (or Perez Hilton?) for keeping same-sex marriage discussions on the tip of America's toungue.
The only thing worse for America than maintaining our general attitude of intolerance would be allowing for an attitude of indifference.
Miss California recently stated in a press conference that she felt "punished for exercising my free speech." Honey, disagreement is NOT punishment. Backlash, maybe. People challenging your old-fashioned views of the world? Hardly punishment.

So, in the spirit of discourse, I provide my opinion. So what if it happens to echo one of my new favorite Lily Allen songs? Girl's got spunk (and we LIKE spunk!)

Enjoy!

No comments: