Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Storm in the Calm

I sit here, anticipating another night of sleep close on my horizon, yet lay awake befriending the roaring thunder outside. Today was one of those cloudy days that get me kinda down and I start to quietly beg the sun to come back and grace me with its illuminating presence. Yet, I fail to remember at those moments, that the night also has an illuinating presence of it's own that I often overlook. The moon is a balance to the sun, just like those energizing days of sunshine redeem the cloudy and dreary days I loathe. It reminds me of my study of chaos theory freshman year of college. I musn't forget that the storm, rain and thunder all bring a balance to the Earth, and a balance to me as well, more than I can fully understand. The sun will stabilize the clouds, and the rain will stabilze the heat, and so on. So, I will now strive to embrace the moon (and the rain), as I fall asleep. Even the worms. God I hate worms. But they need the rain, just as I need sleep.
All is in balance and forever chaos. And to that, I too will sleep.

J

No comments: