Tuesday, January 3, 2006

The year of really annoying things

Its that time of year again -- the new year brings with it all of those 'Top 100' lists of all things 2005. I know I've posted several of these lately, but there's one more I need to add. Then I will be done with lists until next year. That is, unless I want to make my own list of the Top 100 'Top-100' Lists of the Year.
This list, that I found on DIGG, chronicles the most annoying things of 2005. You can read the entire list
here.

Here's my favorites.

# 74 - Nick and Jessica
1,000 years from now, archaeologists will look at our news publications and figure that this celebrity duo must have been king and queen of the world. Why anyone is interested in these empty headed no-talent morons is a mystery to all mankind. I’m against The Patriot Act, but I’d be willing to sacrifice our civil liberties a bit to permit the government to put anyone who ever bought a Jessica Simpson record on a special island and do some bomb testing. Not only would you collectively increase the nation’s IQ, but you’d stick it to Wal-Mart by getting rid of 80% of their customer base.

#39 - Fox News
President Bush could drive a flaming van full of babies off a cliff and FOX would find a way to spin it as a liberal attack on family values.

#17 - Rubber Commemerative Bracelets
Whoops! The yellow dye in those LIVESTRONG bracelets causes cancer. Sorry, folks!

#12 - Harriet Miers
Just because she worked as a puppet on "Mister Rogers Neighborhood" for decades doesn’t mean she’s qualified to serve on the highest court in the land.

# 2 - Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise is completely sane, virile, exhibits self control, is a member of a totally rational non-cult religion, does not eat babies, and does not use mind control to trick Hollywood starlets into carrying the seed of space-demons.

Here's to hoping 2006 is a little less annoying.

No comments: