Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Hail to the Cheese

I'm sitting at my desk at lunchtime browsing the online articles of the New York Times. Suddenly, while devouring the last scrumptious bite of my Jimmy John's sandwich (of course, loaded with extra cheese!), my eyes feat upon a glorious article: "Macaroni and Lots of Cheese."
The article chronicles the author's quest for the perfect Mac and Cheese recipe. Ahhh, yes. I hear the angels singing and the pearly gates swinging open. (Ok, so thats a bit extreme. But still. I REALLY love cheese.)

I've discussed the topic of cheese many a time with friends. Several of them are, like myself, cheese freaks. We are the bearers of knowledge that the new-age dieting and health zealots have long forgotten: Everything is better with cheese. When in doubt, add cheese. I've tried several times to think of a food that wouldn't go well with some type of cheese. I haven't yet found one.

Wine? Check. (Wine and CHEESE parties, hello!)

Fruit? Check. (Apples and cheese - yum. Think Fondue!)

Vegetables? Check. Nothin like sprinkling some shredded cheese on that boring helping of frozen veggie medley.)

Meat? Ahhh, yes, the more the merrier. Chicken Parmesan, yum! Meatballs smothered in a cheese sauce and accompanied with some pasta and marinara? Delicious.

Oh, the list goes on and on.

Without further ado, here's the
article on Mac and Cheese.

No comments: